As a leadership and trust author myself, I have the opportunity to review scores of books each year as part of my research and to give testimonials for the true gems. Bob and Gregg have produced a classic!
If you are interested in a pragmatic “how to” book for becoming an elite leader, you owe it to yourself to invest in a copy of Triple Crown Leadership. Bob and Gregg draw on decades of experience in the leadership trenches and the boardrooms of business.
They have seen and done it all, and have enumerated the triple crown concepts of how to build an organization that is Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring.
The book uses the analogy of Triple Crown Horseracing to signify the top of the racing profession and equate the relevant principles to the business world. It is a fascinating and captivating metaphor.
Reading this book will give you a jockey’s view of five key practices that describe how to excel in leadership at the highest levels. The five practices are:
1. Head and Heart – How to combine brilliant strategy with the human touch.
2. The Colors – How to always race on a track with a firm foundation of values, vision, and purpose.
3. Steel and Velvet – Gaining that rare combination of firmness when needed coupled with deep care for people.
4. Stewards – How to empower others to lead.
5. Alignment – Creating a culture where all individuals are going in the same direction on the track.
The book is rich with dozens of real examples unearthed by years of research where Bob and Gregg interviewed leaders in 61 organizations in 11 countries.
This book has it all, and the writing is easy to digest and absorb.
If you are a leader and aspire to the pinnacle of the profession, I highly recommend this book. It belongs in the stable of every serious leader’s books.
In my five-star review on Amazon, I share my opinion that this is “The best leadership book since Good to Great.”